The Therapy Session
You do not need a referral to see a psychologist.
- The therapy session is 50 minutes.
- A brief questionnaire and consent form will be provided for you to complete prior to your therapy session at Pinwheel Psychology.
- Please bring the completed form with you to the first therapy session.
As psychologists and therapists, we are bound by confidentiality. What is discussed in all therapy sessions is strictly confidential, without your consent, your information will not be disclosed to anyone.
However, under circumstances where I have a duty to disclose information, confidentiality may not be able to be maintained. These circumstances include in situations where there may be a potential harm to yourself or others, or if the law demands it.
Please know we will discuss any concerns with you before disclosing them to another party.
Client records are kept locked and confidential. Under no circumstances would your treatment records be released to any individual without your written authorization.
For information related to session fees and Medicare rebates, please refer to the Therapy Session Fees page.
If I cannot support you with your unique circumstances, I will refer you to a more suitable psychologist or health professional that specialises in the relevant area.
This will be done in consultation with you, in a safe and meaningful way.
Out of hours-In Case of Emergency
Please note that the Practice does not provide a 24-hour service.
If you are feeling suicidal or have an emergency out of hours please consider:
• Attending the Emergency Department of the nearest public hospital
• Calling 000 Emergency
• Calling Lifeline 131 114
• Calling Kids Help Line 1800 551 800
• Calling Mensline Australia 1300 78 99 78